Commitment to maintaining your privacy
This Privacy Statement has been created because we value our users and recognise their right to keep Personal Information private. Natgroup collects Personal Information and Personal Data from Site visitors or consumers who contact us via any methodfor the purposes of providing services to our users, and (as described below) for the purposes of better customising our services to you. Any Personal Information and Personal Data collected from you will be used by us in accordance with and as described in this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement has been prepared by Natgroup. Natgroup owns and operates the website located at www.natgroup.net and other related websites of related body corporates (across desktop, mobile, tablet and apps and including any subdomains) ("the Site").
Where used in this Privacy Statement, the terms "Personal Information", and "Australian Privacy Principle(s)" have the meaning attributed to those terms in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 ("Privacy Act").In this Privacy Statement:any reference to "Natgroup", "we", "us" and "our" includes a reference to Natgroup and each of Natgroup's related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)).
"Service Providers or Advertiser" refers to individuals or entities that post ads on our Site or use other products to source potential consumers for properties or services;
"Consumers" refers to anyone that has contacted Natgroup by any means, users of the Site and "Registered Users" refers to consumers who register on the Site or have contacted Natgroup to be registered by any other means;Consumers, service providers, advertisers and users who otherwise subscribe for Natgroup products, services or information offered via the Site are referred to generically in this Statement as "visitors", "users", "consumers" or "you".
"GDPR" means the General Data Protection Regulation, being Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council;
"Personal Data" has the meaning attributed to that term in the GDPR;
"Property Search" refers to a Natgroup product or property which allows it to search, refine and connect with Consumers who maintain a Natgroup Profile and have a privacy setting of Standard or Limited; and
"Property Search Connection Method" means a method by which we are able to contact a consumer by sending aopportunity or service, or sending a Consumer customised email about an opportunity.
Collecting other information on Natgroup visitors, buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants or prospecting clients
Natgroup collects non-Personal Information on consumers including, without limitation, which sections of the Site are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, personal or non-personal Information, and may be shared with Natgroup partners to provide them with information relating to how Natgroup visitors 'use' the Site or our services. This is done for the purpose of providing you with the best and most efficient management and services.
IP Addresses: Natgroup web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services, and to monitor the use of our Site, including the monitoring of the location of our users.
We may collect your personal information online or whilst performing and supplying our services via telephone, at our offices, at properties we have for sale, lease or appraised, at community events, social events, when communicating by any means or in public while offering our services. The information may include but are not limited to those mentioned below and points at which we may collect your data may include:
- When you sign up to our property alerts, VIP services, property alerts, appraisal products, buyer alerts, suburb alerts, newsletters, reports or similar in any of our websites, we collect information such as but not limited to your first name, last name, phone contact details, mailing address, property address, email address or situation.
- When you sign up for an account with our website, we collect your first name, last name, phone contact details, mailing address, property address or email address
- When you checkout on our website, we collect your first name, last name, phone contact details, mailing address, property address or email address
- Please note, some of our products have "subscribe to" checkbox pre-ticked. If you would not like to subscribe to and receive marketing and promotional emails from us, please un-tick this box, or see below for information on how to unsubscribe
- We do not store your credit card or details, or any other payment details provided unless you have used the pre-ticked checkbox to ask us to "store credit card details for future orders". This does not give any of our staff access to your credit card details under any circumstances.
- Your IP address, so we can make sure we are showing you the most relevant content
- When you discuss with us in person, over the phone, sms, email, online or by any other method about buying a property, selling a property, enquire about a property or our services, our property alerts, VIP services, property alerts, appraisal products, buyer alerts, suburb alerts, newsletters, reports or similar in any of our websites, we collect information such as but not limited to your first name, last name, phone contact details, mailing address, property address, email address or situation.
- Information on your browsing habits, i.e. which pages of our website you are visiting and how long you are spending there
- We also store your cookies which allows us to remember your browsing preferences, understand how you're using our website, and continue to market and promote our product to you once you have left the website
- We use third party cookies to help us do a better job of understanding who our customers are, how they like to use our website, and to help us better serve relevant promotional content to them after they have left the website
- We may also collect data from you via our social media accounts. By submitting content, you agree that we may use this content and information
Third Party Measurement:
In order to better understand our users, Natgrouputilises third party measurement companies to assess Site and mobile Site traffic. A tracking code is used to collect the following information on the usage of the Site:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the Site;
- The number of unique visitors to the Site;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the Site when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points into the Site.
This aggregated, non-Personal Information is collated and provided to Natgroup to assist in analysing the usage of the Site. This data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies, for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet websites.
Collecting information on Registered Users
As part of registering with Natgroup, we collect Personal Information about Registered Users in order for Registered Users to take full advantage of Natgroup's services. To do this it will be necessary for Registered Users to provide additional information to Natgroup.
Becoming a Registered User allows you to take advantage of more of the tools, services and resources that may assist you in finding a product, property or service. To become a Registered User you will need to submit some Personal Information such as your name, mailing address, property address, details and email address. Natgroup may also use this information in order to customise the service we provide to you. For example, Natgroup may use this information to create a Profile that you may choose to use in the future. However, we will never activate this Profile (or any other service) without your express consent.
Other information Natgroup may collect
Natgroup may also collect and use information about your property needs or services required now or in the future, characteristics and priorities by collecting and analysing data about how you use, or interact with, the products and services offered by us (including, by way of example, usage, search or enquiry patterns. Natgroup may use this information, including through automated processes applying algorithms, for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, including without limitation to better tailor Natgroup's offerings to you Natgroup needs and to provide more targeted services to Advertisers and to Consumers including to allow more targeted opportunities or services to be surfaced to Consumers and to create 'signals' to that you may be more or less approachable for this opportunities (Approachability Signal).
- We use your information and/or contact details to send you marketing and promotional material via post, sms, phone, emails or similar channels. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our emails. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We use your name, address, business (if provided), phone number, email address, property enquiry, property details and other items and keep a record of your business or interactions with us. We also use this information for reporting and auditing purposes
- We use your email address and name on a product, property or service request to let you know when the item or service you have requested is available.
- We use the information collected in to understand your contact preferences and details
- We use your IP address to understand where you are accessing our site from and to show you the most relevant content
- We use your cookies to understand how you are using our site - for example what pages of our site you are visiting and how long you are spending on our site
- We also use your cookies to remarket product and our brand to you once you leave our website. This includes being served our ads on social media and the web.
- We also use these cookies to understand more about our customer demographic and interests
- We also use third party cookies to help us with the above. Examples of third parties include but are not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Google etc.
Natgroup Profile: A Natgroup Profile can include a search criteria, property information, buyer, selling or leasing history, pricing information, employment and educational history, contact details and preferred property search or sale preferences and locations. You may populate this information on your Natgroup Profile or the information may be automatically populated using answers to questions you have provided as part of your interaction with Natgroup. You can edit your Natgroup Profile at any time. Upon registration, all Registered Users will be asked to create a personal Natgroup Profile ('Natgroup Profile') by providing some key information. Consumers without Natgroup Profiles will also have a Natgroup Profile created when they first apply for a property to sell, buy or lease on the Site or by contacting Natgroup. Registered Users can elect how much of their Natgroup Profile they wish to share.
Online Applications, Enquiries or contact.
Making an online application, enquiry, contact or communication with Natgroup who also provide severalfree and optional paid services that requires Consumers to complete or provide information for mandatory fields (for example first name, last name, property details, telephone number and email) so that we can identify and contact the applicant or consumers.
Some services may also require you to answer a list of questions selected by that service as part of your online application or communication. By answering the questions you acknowledge that Natgroup will provide your answers and may use your answers to populate your Natgroup Profile and enable to surface that information. Natgroup may also use your answers to improve our products or services, including through improving our search and matching capabilities.By applying or contacting Natgroup you are requesting that Natgroup pass the information you provide to the relevant provider and/or their nominated representative. Any questions you have relating to anything advertised byNatgroup, your online communication and/or the status of your application or service request should be directed directly to the service provider or their nominated agent. Natgroup will also retain this information in order to customise the service we provide to Consumers. Natgroup reserves the right to disable or delete saved information at its discretion. Service Providers are asked by Natgroup to comply with all relevant obligations relating to the use and disclosure of Personal Information that are outlined in the Privacy Act. The use of your information (personal or otherwise) by these service providers is not within the control of Natgroup and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these companies.Consumers have the right to directly contact services providers to request access to any Personal Information that you have sent as part of an application, communication or that has been provided to them as part of a Natgroup Profile.
- We store your information in our office and on our servers
- We do not and will not sell your data or information provided to us to a third party
- We may share your information with our third party providers to help us serve you with relevant and engaging communication, and to understand how we can improve our website offering for you. Unless explicit consent is received from you, these third parties will never contact you or use your data independently.
Service Providers or Advertisers
Natgroup collects the name,company name, business address and billing address of service providers or advertisers. It also collects the name, email address and phone number of a primary contact (also referred to on the Site as the 'administrator'). Service providers or advertisers can choose to add additional users to their account, in which case Natgroup will collect the name and email address of those other users. Service providers or advertisers can change the company name or billing address by emailing Natgroup. Natgroup uses these details to manage your account, including sending service providers or advertisers applications or communication of consumers.
Communications to and from Natgroup
Natgroup may also provide you with selected information about services or property-related topics in email communications, smsor posted or printed material including in our email newsletter. From time to time Natgroup may also contact you by telephone. Natgroup may also make Registered Users or Consumers aware of additional products and services which form part of your relationship with Natgroup. Registered Users or consumers may 'opt-out' of receiving emails from Natgroup, otherwise Users or Consumers may opt out by clicking 'unsubscribe' in the footer of an email received.When we speak to you over the phone we may record the calls for training, verification and quality assurance purposes. Any Personal Information collected on those calls is used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Natgroup may also disclose your Personal Information to Natgroup 's service providers and contractors from time to time but only for the purpose of assisting us to deliver the products and services we offer to you.
Related Bodies Corporate
Natgroup may also disclose your Personal Information to Natgroup's related bodies corporate from time to time but only for the purpose of assisting Natgroup and its related bodies corporate to deliver the products and services offered to you.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
Natgroup takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system and to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Natgroup allows you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date. Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers, either in Australia or overseas that are protected in controlled facilities.In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality and privacy of any Personal Information held by Natgroup. Except in the case of breaches of our obligations under the Privacy Act to protect your Personal Information, Natgroup will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your Personal Information.In the event of a data breach, Natgroup is committed to complying in all respects with the requirements of all Australian Privacy Laws and where required, the provisions of the GDPR. You can also play an important role in keeping your Personal Information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Site or with our services. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
Access to Your Information
If you become a Registered User, you are able to change or update your Profile at any time by logging in to the Site. Users who are property or service subscribers but not Registered Users do not have access to this additional functionality, however you are able to unsubscribe from emails. In addition, any user or consumers is able to at any time request that Natgroup deletes any Personal Information held by us.
We retain information you provide to us and which we collect about you, including Personal Information and Personal Data, for so long as we continue to provide services to you and specifically until such time as you request us to delete your Personal Information and Personal Data.
Sometimes, we transfer or disclose information to third parties including to persons and businesses outside Australia. These transfers are made in order to assist us to provide you with the products and services, and/or to improve the products and services we offer you. Where we transfer information to persons outside Australia we take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipients of such information do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (and where appropriate the GDPR) in relation to that information by entering into binding contractual arrangements with such third parties.
Feedback and Complaints about privacy and the Natgroup website/s.
Natgroup welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Site. Natgroup stores feedback that users send to us. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the service we provide and may be shared with Natgroup partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.If you have any complaints about our dealings with your Personal Information including any breaches by us of any Australian Privacy Principles or any questions regarding this Privacy Statement you are able to submit that complaint or query by contacting us at email@example.com or by telephone or post using the methods detailed in the "Contact Us" section of our website.Any complaints received by us will be referred to our compliance team for prompt investigation.Should you not be satisfied with the resolution of any complaints made you are able to further redress through the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au/ for further information).
If you no longer want to receive marketing, you can unsubscribe by:
- Click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email
- Login to your account and untick the subscription box
- You can email if you have any difficulty with the above firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, then in addition to what is set out above, the following applies to you. Natgroup is a data controller and processor for the purposes of the GDPR and by your consenting to this Privacy Statement Natgroup is able to processes your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Our Contact details are set out in the "Contact Us" of our site. In providing its services to you, Natgroup may make use of a number of automated processes using your Personal Data and your activity on our Site as tracked by us, in order to provide more tailored and relevant services to you such as providing recommended opportunities or services to you through email communication, posted, printed sms or telephone, and on the Site or within our Apps. Natgroup may also use such data in automated processes aimed at providing more tailored and relevant services, such as:
an approachability signal which indicates the likelihood of you being approachable or amenable to being approached about a particular property, service or opportunity; and
recommending questions that may require Consumers to answer as part of a application, enquiry or communication received from the Site or online.
In addition to your rights set out above, you may:
- update or rectify any of the Personal Data that we hold about you, in the manner described in the "Access to Your Information" paragraph above.
- withdraw your consent to Natgroup's use of your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement by deleting your account. This will also delete all the Personal Data about you, which we hold. This can be done by accessing the Site.
Should you have any concerns in relation to Natgroup's collection and/or processing of your Personal Data, then in addition to the process set out in the "Feedback and Complaints about privacy and the Natgroup website" set out above (including the right to complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner), you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority (within the meaning of the GDPR).
This policy may be updated from time-to-time.